Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I Never Asked Kayani To Do More

At the White House briefing, Gen McChrystal not only denied ever urging Gen Kayani to launch an operation but also urged the US media to appreciate Pakistan’s position.

‘Yes, there was an unfortunate news story that came out that was completely inaccurate that represented that I had expressed to Gen Kayani US policy on doing more, and that just didn't happen,” said Gen Stanley McChrystal, who commands US and Nato forces in Afghanistan.

‘It was a one-on-one meeting and it (the demand) did not occur. And I'd made it clear to Gen Kayani that I did not represent it that way,’ he said. ‘I think that it is important that we understand that the insurgency faced by Pakistan, the TTP, is an essential threat,’ he said. ‘It's a significant threat to their country. And it's complimentary to what Afghanistan faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment